Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your Personal Data and how we will treat it. By submitting Personal Data to us, you agree to us using your data as follows.
Who we are
Purple Finch Studios is a registered corporation in Pennsylvania, USA that provides digital solutions for small business, such as website development, website tech support and hosting, membership platforms and email marketing.
Our mailing address is:
Purple Finch Studios
504 N. Park Road
For any privacy-related questions, you can reach us at email@example.com
What Personal Data we collect and why we collect it
We may collect and process the following Personal Data about you:
- When you fill in forms on our sites purplefinchstudios.com and pfstechdesk.com, we may collect data such as your name, email, company and website URL. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our sites, subscribing to our client portal, requesting any of our services and making online payments by credit card;
- When you consult our Digital Tech Desk service, send us an email, or communicate with us in any other way, we may collect your name, email, company and website URL.
- When you visit our site, we automatically collect details of your visits, including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation, weblogs and other communication data.
How we use your personal information
By default, we only process the minimal amount of Personal Data necessary to operate our business properly. We do not collect any sensitive Personal Data such as data regarding racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or trade union membership.
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with the information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To process transactions and respective payments in our shop;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- To compile aggregated statistics about our site usage and to better understand the preferences of our visitors;
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Your Personal Data may be processed either:
- By you giving us consent to the processing of your data, or
- To enable a performance of a contract between us and you, or
- Where the processing is necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as for example the development of our business, providing information about our business to potential customers, identifying fraudulent claims, or the improvement of the customer experience on the website, or
- Where the processing is necessary to meet legal requirements, or to respond to lawful requests by public authorities.
Sharing your information
We do not sell or rent Personal Data to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. We only share your Personal Data with trusted entities, as outlined below. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Service or other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us or any of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- When we hire other companies to perform certain business-related functions, such as information storage, maintaining databases and processing payments. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Cookies are data files that are stored by your internet browser or your computer, and which often include an anonymous unique identifier. The webpages you browse are then able to recognize some information contained in the cookies stored by your browser.
After you give us consent to store cookies on your device, this information will be stored for when you browse the site next time. You can withdraw this consent at any time by deleting cookies for each of the browsers, that you use (such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge).
While some cookies are necessary to ensure proper communication with the website, some cookies may also contain anonymous analytical information about your browsing to display content relevant for you, and may be stored for a longer period of time. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to prevent the loss, misuse, access, disclose, alteration or destruction of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on servers, protected with passwords and firewalls. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
However, no Internet or email transmission is ever 100% secure or error free. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Internet or by email. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Where we store your Personal Data
We rely on Stripe as third-party payment processor, when you pay for our products and services in our store. We do not store any personal or financial information, such as credit card details, as this information is provided directly to Stripe by you.
By submitting your Personal Data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and up to date. You may contact us directly at any time about accessing, correcting, updating, or deleting your personal information, or altering your data or marketing preferences by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, if you are a resident of the EEA, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Data or request portability of your Personal Data. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing us at email@example.com.
Similarly, if we have collected and processed your Personal Data with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You also have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last revised: May 24, 2018